NRA Personal Protection in the Home
Course Name: NRA Personal Protection in the Home
Course Type: Lecture and hands on (Range)
Duration: 8 Hours
Date: click here for dates
Time: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Location: View training schedule
Experience Level: Intermediate
School Name: North Country Training Group (NCTG)
All instructors providing the NRA Personal Protection in the Home are certified NRA Instructors
This is an eight-hour course. Students should expect to shoot approximately 100 rounds of ammunition. Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Personal Protection In The Home handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, and course completion certificate.
- Pistol permit and or proof that you are in the process of obtaining a permit
- Law Abiding Citizen
- Proof of NRA Basic Course attendance or
- Proof of NRA First Steps - Pistol Orientation
- Proof of NCTG Basic Pistol Course attendance (Preferred) or
- DD214 indicating that you carried pistol and qualified on the pistol or
- Passing a Pre-Course Assessment
- Basic defensive shooting skills
- Strategies for home safety
- Responding to a violent confrontation
- Firearms and the law
- How to choose a handgun for self-defense
- Continued opportunities for skill development.
- State, Local or Federal ID required for verification (ex; drivers license)
- Wear appropriate clothing (Nothing of bad taste such as vulgar words/graphics on clothing, no torn/ripped clothing)
- Your own pistol and ammunition (Minimum 100 rounds of ammunition, bring extra if you would like and no reloaded ammunition due to safety reasons)
Lesson III of this course: Firearms and the Law, and Legal Aspects of Self-Defense, is conducted by an attorney licensed to practice law within the state in which this course is given and who is familiar with this area of the law, or a Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) who possesses an intermediate or higher Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certificate granted within the state, or an individual currently certified to instruct in this area of the law by the state in which this course is presented. NRA Certified Instructors may conduct this lesson only if they meet the requirements stated above and then only in their capacity as an attorney, or other state certified individual not in their capacity as an NRA Certified Instructor.
This is not a basic course, if you cannot demonstrate safe handling of the firearm or the mental alertness to conduct this type of training you will be asked to leave the course at the Lead Instructors discretion.
Training Course Tuition and Cancellation/Refund Policy
- Full payment due upon course start date.
- Private session for group or organizations.
- We accept, cash, check or money order.
- Full refund in effect if student cancels 7 days prior to course start date
- Full refund in effect if NCTG cancels the course
- Refund will be issued via cash, check or money order
Go to Training Schedule for dates to register